Trey Avant is an associate at Roberts Markel Weinburg Butler Hailey PC and practices in the litigation section of the firm.
Mr. Avant completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Sociology at Louisiana Tech University in 2013. While at Louisiana Tech, Mr. Avant received several awards through the International Public Debate Association including the Louisiana State Championship in 2012.
Mr. Avant went on to earn his law degree at the University of Houston Law Center in 2016. Throughout his time at UHLC, Mr. Avant worked at RMWBH, as well as the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. Mr. Avant also served as the Notes and Comments Editor of the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal.
Additionally, Mr. Avant competed in numerous advocacy competitions while at UHLC - winning the Hippard Open Mock Trial Competition, finishing as a finalist in the Georgetown White Collar Mock Trial Competition, and advancing to the quarterfinals or better in numerous other tournaments. Because of his success in advocacy competitions, Mr. Avant was inducted into the National Order of the Barristers.
- Practice Areas
- General Civil Litigation
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2016
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Louisiana Tech University, 2013
- Bar Admissions
- State Bar of Texas
- Arbitration and Mediation Services
- Commercial Litigation
- Community Association Law
- Construction Law
- Corporate Transactions and ------------Outside General Counsel
- Cyber Risk
- Directors and Officers Litigation
- Elder Law and Guardianship
- Estate Planning, Probate and Trust ---Administration
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate Practice